We are organized for growth, with flexible structures leading to effective witness and action.
Purpose of United Methodist Women
United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
We do this by living the Vision:
- Providing opportunities to grow spiritually
- Organizing for growth with flexibility
- Providing opportunities for women and girls to be leaders
- Working for social justice through compassionate service and advocacy
- Providing transformative educational experiences
Want to identify as a member of United Methodist Women? Fill out a brief questionnaire and get a personalized membership card at myUMW.
Our region includes local groups from the southern Bay Area of Northern California, from Pleasanton in the northeast, to Soledad in the south, to Palo Alto in the northwest. See all local groups here.
Have questions about how your group should be (or could be) organized? See “Local Group Organization.”
Your District UMW team develops events, activities, and info focused on “Living the Vision.” They connect local groups with District, Conference, Jurisdictional, and National UMW opportunities and information.
Here are resources for local Treasurers. If you have a Treasurer-related question, please contact our District UMW Treasurer.
Use this Remittance form when sending in your Mission Giving or ordering SMR pins, Gift to Mission, or Gift in Memory.
These resources support the Five Channels of Mission Giving:
- Pledge to Mission Cards – Printable, 2 cards per sheet
- Special Mission Recognition (SMR pin) – use this form for ordering pin(s) to honor members
- Gift to Mission – use this form for ordering cards which benefit UMW mission
- Gift in Memory – remember someone special with a Gift in Memory donation
- World Thank Offering – get info & free resources for this program celebrating God’s abundance and grace
We are connected with The United Methodist Church.