On April 22, 2020, we will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first Earth Day. Here are a few ways you can participate.
- United Methodist Women invites you to join them in honoring the 50th anniversary of Earth Day. Visit their website to learn about the 5 ways you can participate in Earth Day this year that connect with UMW’s Just Energy for All Campaign.
- Join United Methodist Women’s Just Energy for All 101 3-part webinar series on April 23, May 7 and May 21, and learn more about the campaign and how your unit, district or conference can be involved. Register here.
- April 22-24, there will be a 72 hour livestream focused on fighting back against the climate crisis. I’m planning to watch a lot of it — will you join me? Check it out: https://earthdaylive2020.org
- Want to get involved now? Contact your members of Congress and urge them to implement a moratorium on utility shut-offs during the COVID-19 national emergency.
- See additional ideas on our Climate Justice: Be Just. Be Green. web page.