It’s that time of year again! So that we can prepare for the District UMW Annual Celebration (Oct. 24), and provide the reports to our CA/NV Conference UMW counterparts, please be sure your local group/unit has sent these reports by September 8:
- 5 Star Giving – your Treasurer should send the remittance form and any contributions through Sept. 1, 2020, to District UMW Treasurer Debbie Ow. More info…
- Reading Program – if women from your local group have participated in the UMW Reading Program, please send a report with their name, church name, and the list of titles read. More info…
- Mission Today – send the report of the activities your local group has done toward the 2019/2020 Mission Today program. More info…
- Charter for Racial Justice – send the report of the activities your local group has done toward the Charter for Racial Justice. More info…
- Saints – send the list of those from your local group who have passed away since your September 2019 report.
- Directory updates – if there have been changes in your local group’s leadership during 2020, or if you already have identified leaders for 2021, please send us their names with mailing address and email.
Please send all reports (except 5 Star Giving) by email to email@example.com.
If email is not possible, please send by US Postal Service to:
Good Samaritan UMC
Attn: Carolyn Bircher
19624 Homestead Road
Cupertino, CA 95014
The CA-NV Conference United Methodist Women invite you to a Zoom presentation with Pastor Holly Hillman, Burlingame UMC, and Carl Pinkston, Black Parallel School Board.
Saturday, August 15, 2020
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Additional event and registration information is below
Face masks are probably going to be part of our daily life for a while in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. As the shelter-in-place order is relaxed and we start to venture back out into public, would you (and your family) like to have one or two washable face masks on hand? The Campbell United Methodist Women (UMW) can help.
These handmade masks are being made available to our church family and friends for a goodwill donation of $5-10 per mask, as long as supplies last. All the donations will be given to the UMW of our church for their mission programs and giving. This is a great opportunity for you to help the great mission work of the United Methodist Women.
The masks have two fabric layers as well as a non-woven interfacing. Based on the information the makers could find, these masks keep about 87% of outside pollutants and bugs from passing through. Your orders will be filled the same day you order or the next.
- If your mask will be for male, female, or child (ages 2-4 or 5-12)
- How many of each you would like
- Color/pattern preference
Ordering and pickup are contactless. Place your order with Andrea Starr by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Andrea will let you know when your order is ready. You can pick up the masks at Lou Woodburycatcott’s house with little or no contact (or other arrangements can be made if you are not leaving your home). Lou will leave your order on the front porch, you can leave your payment in the mailbox slot. Make checks payable to Campbell UMW with “facemask” in memo line.
Masks are being made with some beautiful materials, so you will end up with a joyful surprise. Consider sending some handmade masks to your family and friends to show your love and care for them!
The Office of Economic and Environmental Justice of United Methodist Women invite you to a special young people led webinar on “How to address environmental racism in your community; The role of youth in shaping our future.”
July 28, 2020
4-5:15pm PDT (7 – 8:15 pm EDT)
This is a great opportunity for you and young people to hear from other young people who are involved in environmental justice work. Please help in spreading this invitation widely!