October 26, 2019, Good Samaritan UMC, Cupertino, CA
Continuing this year’s theme of “The Power of Bold,” our District UMW Annual Celebration is focused on “Rescuing our Earth.” We will lift up the mission, ministry, and spiritual growth of units and groups within the District during the past year. All attendees will be able to attend a panel discussion and workshop related to responding to an earth in crisis. And we will worship and be in fellowship together, with vibrant music and motivating message.
Featured speaker: Susan Stephenson is the Executive Director of The Regeneration Project and California Interfaith Power and Light. Susan has over two decades of experience developing and implementing issue-advocacy and electoral campaigns for environmental and other public interest organizations.
Panel/Workshop: In addition to gathering in celebration of the year, there will a panel discussion and workshop related to responding to an earth in climate crisis. The panel will include:
- Susan Stephenson, The Regeneration Project and California Interfaith Power and Light
- Betty Spencer Dickey, Western Jurisdiction Guide with National UMW Environmental Justice Department.
- Jenny Green, from Mothers Out Front South Bay, Mobilizing for a Livable Climate
Business meeting: This brief portion of the event will include recognition of units who have met requirements for Mission Today and 5 Channels of Giving, individuals who have participated in the Reading Program, and our “saints” who have passed since we last met. It will also include a vote on our 2019 Budget and our Nominations Slate. These last two items are described here; please take a look before the meeting.
Good Samaritan UMC, 19624 Homestead Rd, Cupertino, CA
- Parking is available on the church property, in the 99 Ranch store parking lot, and on the adjacent street. See map for details.
- Check-in opens at 8:00am, and we will gather in the Sanctuary at 8:45am. The event will run from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
- Lunch is included, with a vegetarian option.
- You are invited to bring a table-top display of how you (as United Methodist Women) are engaged in mission.
See the Event Flyer and Registration form.
Registration: Preregistration is closed. Please register at the door, 8:00am to 8:45am, Saturday, October 26.
Registration is $12.