by K Stone, President
We are looking forward to gathering together to celebrate another year as United Methodist Women in mission and ministry together, at our Annual Celebration, October 23, 2021. Our theme, “Knitted Together and Darning the Holes,” represents the challenges we have had over the last year and a half remaining in community, and our anticipation of it getting a lot easier soon.
During this event, we will celebrate the mission and ministry of our District United Methodist Women. There will be a brief business meeting during which we will approve the 2022 budget and elect District UMW team officers for 2022.
Our guest speakers include Bishop Minerva Carcaño; District Superintendent Rev. Dr. Samuel Hong; and National UMW President Ainise Isama’U. They will address new ways we can make a difference in our communities, renew our faith, and recommit to justice for our earth and women, children, and youth.
Annual Celebration Event Details
- Date & time: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 10am-noon. Doors open for check-in at 9:30am.
- Location: The United Methodist Church of Gilroy, with in-person attendance limited to 50 people (masks required). For those who prefer to attend virtually, there is an online streaming option.
An offering will be taken, designated to the UMW Legacy Fund Endowment
- Give by check: Checks may be given by in-person attendees at the event. Make checks payable to “United Methodist Women,” and note “Legacy Fund Endowment Campaign” in the memo line.
- Text to Give: Text “41444” on your cell phone and enter “Legacy 150” in the message area.
- Give online: At the UMW website.
- Get more info about the Legacy Fund Endowment here.
These items will be voted on by those attending (in person or via live video):
- Budget 2022 – Administrative & Membership Development budget
- Nominations Slate 2022 – New officers and team members
The Event Program is here – includes agenda and all reports