We are “Learning Together for the Transformation of the World.” Mission u is a mission-oriented learning experience offered throughout the United States by the United Methodist Women. Women, men, and youth are invited to participate.
The event will be offered in 3 locations in the California/Nevada Conference, with varying depths of study. Information and registration flyers are available for each location.
- June 7-8, Two-day Mission u event, Quincy CA
At Quincy United Methodist Church
Get info & mail-in registration form here; Please register before May 10.
- August 3, One-day Mission u event, Santa Rosa, CA
At Santa Rosa United Methodist Church
Get info & mail-in registration form here; Please register before July 3.
- August 16-18, Weekend Mission u event, Reno, NV
At South Reno United Methodist Church
Get info & mail-in registration form here; Please register before July 18.
Online registration is available. Go here or get the link in the registration forms above.
Study topics for this year are:
- “Practicing Resurrection: The Gospel of Mark and Radical Discipleship” – Spiritual Growth study, led by Katherine Parker
- “What About Our Money? A Faith Response” – Social Issue study, led by Lynnette Lee
- “Women United for Change: 150 Years in Mission” – Mission study led by Rosie Kumar
- “Who Do You Say That I Am? Meeting Jesus through the Eyes of Mark” – Youth mission study led by Maya Parmar
It’s best to get your books in advance. A limited selection of books will be available at each event.
Scholarships are available. See the 2019 Mission u scholarship form for further details.